Bankruptcy is a legal status that allows an individual to liquidate assets to pay off debt. In the United States, there are different types of bankruptcy proceedings for individuals and businesses. When filing personal bankruptcy, someone seeks protection from creditors by liquidating their assets under Chapter 13 or Chapter Seven of the US Bankruptcy Code.
When considering whether to file for bankruptcy, it is important to understand the implications and benefits. Bankruptcy can provide relief from debt and a fresh start, but consequences are also associated with filing, including damage to your credit score. A qualified bankruptcy attorney can help you weigh the pros and cons of filing and walk you through the process.
If you need to file for bankruptcy, you will want to hire a great attorney. Go now to Roemerman Law to find out more about how to tackle bankruptcy. There are many attorneys out there, but not all of them have the qualities that make them worth hiring.
1) Knowledgeable – You can’t expect an attorney to be knowledgeable without first asking about their field experience! Make sure they are experienced with filing bankruptcies before committing to anything else.
2) Reliable – The attorney you choose should always show up to your appointments on time and be ready to work for you from day one.
3) Trustworthy – Bankruptcy is a difficult process, and you will want to be able to trust your attorney implicitly. Therefore, they should keep all information confidential and never divulge any of your personal details without permission.
4) Diligent – A good bankruptcy attorney will work hard for you, and they won’t stop until your case is finished.
5) Responsible – If you need to file for bankruptcy, then it is because something in your life has gone wrong and needs fixing. You can’t expect an attorney who isn’t responsible enough to step up and fix the problem!
6) Compassionate – Bankruptcy is difficult enough, but filing for bankruptcy can be even more stressful when you don’t have someone who cares about your well-being there to help.
7) Ethical – An ethical bankruptcy attorney will never encourage you to file for bankruptcy if it isn’t the best option. They will be honest with you and help you make the most informed decision possible.
8) Patient – Bankruptcy can take a long time to process, so your attorney needs to be patient enough to see it through.
These qualities are just a few of the many that make for an excellent bankruptcy attorney. So now you know what to look out for when it comes time to hire one, so take your time and find someone who is truly worth their weight in gold!